As the holiday draws near we found a way to connect our kids with family since we will be apart. An adult and child (or children) share something small each day. These are thoughts, videos, texts, pictures and one small present. This will go from December 14-25. Here are the details of the days below:
1. FaceTime call and explain that you’ll be in touch every day and also share with them what Christmas means to you. (Mail a small present and letter for future days, instruct them to save it because you want to open together.)
2. Do a random act of kindness, then call or text and share what you did and how it brought you joy!
3. Send a short video of you showing your favorite Christmas decoration and let them know the significance of it and why it’s your favorite decoration.
4. Zoom, FaceTime or call and read a Christmas book while they follow along. Or read the Christmas story on this website: https://www.whychristmas.com/story/the_christmas_story.shtml
5. Text a picture of a past family Christmas and tell them what it means to you. (Gather your items for day 8)
6. Share a Christmas poem with them. Pick your favorite from this website: 15 Religious Christmas Poems About The True Meaning Of Christmas (familyfriendpoems.com)
7. Remind them to open the letter from you. Read it together while FaceTiming if you’d like.
8. Cook a recipe, draw a picture or craft together on FaceTime or Zoom. (Plan in advance if you want to do the same one together) Here are some easy Christmas recipes for kids: 25+ Easy Christmas Treats for Kids | Taste of Home
9. Call them to share a memory about a holiday you spent somewhere else…Maybe in another country or another part of the United States. If you don’t have any memories pick a country from this website to share their traditions. Christmas Around the World, Christmas Traditions and Celebrations in Different Countries and Cultures – whychristmas?com
10. Make a donation to your favorite charity, church or organization and explain to them why you donate there.
11. Christmas Eve – Call and say a prayer with them and read the Christmas story from the Bible. Luke 2:1-20 ESV – The Birth of Jesus Christ – In those – Bible Gateway. You can also ask them to read it to you from their Action Bible.
12. Schedule a zoom with the whole family today. Have them open the present from you …and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! 🎁🎄 ✝️